Learn how you can clean your diamond earrings without damaging them with the help of this step by step guide.
Table of contents
If you’ve recently purchased diamond earrings and you’d like to know how to clean them, but do not know how to do so without damaging them, you are in luck. Diamonds are extremely valuable and expensive, which is why proper care and maintenance are essential. The last thing you want is to lose a valuable pair of diamond earrings. Let’s have a look at a few ways you can clean your diamond earrings without damaging them.
How To Clean Diamond Earrings Without Damaging Them?
Your diamond earring collection might have a lot of sentimental value, or you may have just spent a lot of money on them. Either way, it’s understandable that you want in order to keep your diamond earrings looking good for as long as possible.
If you’re wondering how to clean diamond earrings without damaging them, start by examining the setting and the backing. If your earrings are very delicate, it is best to take them to a jeweler for cleaning in an ultrasonic machine. If not, these steps will help you maintain their shine and sparkle.
Follow these simple steps for clean diamond earrings:
- To clean, use a gentle cloth and wipe away dirt and oil buildup. You can use a gentle cloth from home or purchase one from your jeweler. Most jewelry stores have soft cloths designed specifically for this purpose.
- If the earrings are particularly dirty, soak them in vinegar for ten minutes. This will remove any dirt or grime that has built upon them. It is important not to do this often, as too much vinegar can damage diamonds over time.
- Once the earrings are soaked in vinegar for ten minutes, rinse them thoroughly with water and dry with a soft cloth. Do not put the earrings back on until they are completely dry!
The 5 Easiest Steps On How To Clean Diamond Earrings Without Damaging Them
- Get yourself an ultra-soft toothbrush.
- Add about a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to warm water (but make sure it’s not too hot!)
- Soak your earrings for 30 minutes.
- Gently brush the earrings and rinse with cold water (not hot!)
- Dry with a soft cloth or cotton swab!
What Not to Do While Cleaning Diamond Earrings
To avoid damaging the diamonds or the setting, it’s crucial to know what not to do when cleaning diamond earrings. For example, avoid using steam cleaners or ultrasonic cleaners to clean your diamond earrings, as they can loosen the settings. Also, avoid using bleach or chlorine on your diamond earrings, these chemicals can damage the diamonds themselves if left on for too long!